Friday, March 14, 2008

Where Are The Answers?

Why am I striving?
What am I seeking?
Was I born broken?
Where is the healing?

Maybe it's time to give up the strain?
Maybe it's time to give in to the pain?

My mind in anguish, confusion, dismay,
my body tired, wasting away,
where are the answers? Didn't God say
He'd take care of matters, if I would just pray?

I DID pray! I prayed every day!
I cried and I begged You,

tried to serve You and praise You.
My heart is too empty,
I haven't a clue.
I'm blind, I can't see,
wherever ARE You?

You've left me lonely, despised and betrayed.
Are You out there?
You're for sure far away from my ugly world
where I struggle each day.

If You ARE there I need You to LISTEN!

I'm here for the last time, I can't go on,
my heart is too empty.
There's no more to say,
I can't even think.

Life's gone by in a blink.
In paralysis I lay,
my mind just can't see.
Please Lord, aren't You there?
One last time, are You gone?

I guess it's over, I give up. I give in.

My mind's become blank,
I lay blind in my sorrow.
I have no words left,
I can't think of tomorrow.

“There Is Hope.”
What?

"I'm Here.”
My mouth opens . . .

“No,Be Quiet.
Open Your Ears."

"I've Been Here Beside You,
All The Years.”
But why . . .

“Shhhh,
You Couldn't Hear.”
But, I called You . . .
I begged You to speak!
I've lived in fear . . .

“Be Still"

"You Wouldn't Hear, Loved One.
Nor Would You See.
You've Talked And You've Thought,
And Thought And Talked More.
But It Wasn't With Me."

"My Voice Is Quiet,
Your Mind is Noise.
I've ALWAYS Been Here,
You Are My Child.
It Was By Choice You Shut Out My Voice.”
So how . . .

“You Finally Gave Up. You Finally Gave In.
Your Heart, Ravaged, Was Empty,
Your Mind So Taxed It Quit.
It Was In That Desolate Quiet of Spirit,
You Finally Let Me In.”
I didn't know . . .

“Now You Do.”

* * *

I'm not one to talk,
I haven't conquered my sins.
I've not walked the walk.

But I know Jesus has paid the price,
all I need do is surrender my life.

I hope I can show others in pain,
others as sinful as I,
we've nothing to lose, everything to gain,
if we'll give in to God on high.

So my friend,
give up and give in.
I've found my answer:
let God win.

by Beka
copyright 2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely first post. Beautiful words, dear friend!

Love, chris